Lackadaisy Cats (5 points)

 I liked this comic a lot. The illustrations were amazing! Everything was so consistent. The quality of line work, values, even the proportions of the characters stayed true to the model which I found very impressive. I liked seeing the characters who were all cats, act like they were folks from the Great Gatsby. The time period was so stylish and rebellious with the underground speakeasies happening and the gangster type groups of people doing crazy things. The story was really cool and I liked it even more just because of the art honestly The way the characters interacted with each other was kind of sassy which I thought was fun. It also coincides with the fact that they're all cats. I think of cats as sassy creatures who are independent and don't care about much. They have nine lives anyway. They shouldn't worry. In that sense, I think cats were a good choice for telling this story without using actual humans. From my perspective, I would assume that this story, or at least the drawings, was inspired by the furry culture. Furries are people who identify with humanoid animals and use this second persona to act out a character that makes them feel happy and feel like themselves. There is a very specific art style used in that community. It usually is done with big eyes, big hands, exaggerated smiles, etc. With that being noted, I genuinely enjoyed the characters. The whole story was tinted in a sepia tone color which I thought was fitting for the time period that this was set in. There was a lot of energy involved through the panels as well. Lots of changing angles and things popping outside the box to change the pace of the fun. Overall, a really nice comic! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enemy Ace War Idyll by George Pratt (4 points)

Octopus Pie (5 points)

Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons (4 points)